We are pleased to announce the formation of Gum Spring’s inaugural Tome Society Club for the 2018-2019 school year!
Club Tome promotes entertaining children’s literature while building self-esteem, leadership skills, character ethics, and nurturing critical thinking, creativity, and imagination in the digital age.
Club Tome is open to ALL 3rd-5th Graders. Our Club Tome chapter will elect officers, have monthly meetings after school, develop a Chapter Service project, complete competition entries and attend TomeCon in March 2019.
In addition, our Club Tome Chapter will have a competitive 4th and 5th Grade Reading Bowl Team. We will have try-outs during August. Try-outs are only required for the Reading Bowl Team.
If your child is interested in Club Tome, please encourage him/her to start on the reading list this summer.
2017-2018 Club Tome “It List”
1) Outside In, by Jennifer Bradbury
2) Tentacle and Wing, by Sarah Porter
3) The Emperor’s Riddle, by Kat Zhang
4) The Royal Rabbits Of London, by Santa Montefiore & Simon Sebag Montefiore
5) The Wizards of Once, by Cressida Cowell
6) WishTree, by Katherine Applegate
Please contact Mrs. Jill Weldon with any questions!